Tuesday, 12 April 2016

Where do I begin?

It has been five years since my last trip overseas. I can time it perfectly with the year I bought my house. A mortgage will do that to you.

But this year, the year 2016, an opportunity of a lifetime has resulted in my about to fly to Spain to walk a section of the El Camino. 112km of the El Camino to be exact. I have been in training for a couple of months now and my feet, though sore most of the time, are getting ready to take on this very physical challenge. But am I mentally ready for this adventure?

To travel is to take a journey into yourself ~ Danny Kaye

El Camino - The Way of St. James

A pilgrimage. For some El Camino is a religious pilgrimage, for others it is a spiritual journey within and without with little to do with religious belief or doctrine. Then for others it is purely a physical journey, a journey of endurance.

What is it for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment