So here is the link to my blog for Turkey - a trip taken in May 2009
http://bella.travellerspoint.com
| Wool drying in the afternoon sun - the surreal area of Cappadocia |
As I look back on that trip I realise that it was a catalyst for some pretty significant changes in my life. Mostly internal (as I am a Scorpio and we do a lot of internal digging and reorganising) but powerful in a way that continues to have a ripple effect for me today. Travel does that. In some ways enables us to be someone different but mostly I think it reflects back to us who we are, or could be, beneath everyday conditioning.
My experiences in Turkey brought me out of my shell and also had me hiding away again. Now, almost two years later I am trying to reclaim that couragous woman that craved adventure, connection and exploration.
Who knows where this will lead but I'm willing to travel the journey to find out.